Camp Director Position
Suzart Productions is seeking a Camp Director to oversee the development and implementation of the summer program. We are a company that is founded by family for family and we’re looking for passion, experience, energy and most of all passion for developing young people in the theatre arts.
A little about the job.
Reporting to the Suzart Board of Directors, this position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Suzart’s summer day camp. The Camp Director is responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of Day Camp staff. Check out our website to learn a little more about the program.
- Recruitment, training, and mentoring of all staff and volunteer team members for the purpose of delivering excellence in theatre
- Provide direct supervision of camp staff, program participants, and volunteers
- Responsible for the scheduling, performance management, and timesheet preparation for camp staff, as well as administration of the summer grant programs
- Coordination and delivery of pre-camp promotional materials, rehearsals, and productions
- Assists with the development of operational plans and budgets for the summer programs
- Develops (in coordination with the Executive Producer and President) program policies and procedures, ensuring they are implemented and monitored proactively
QualificationsA combination of the following qualifications or similar experience will be considered:
- 2 years post-secondary education in a related field
- Supervisory experience of a team
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills- must be able to plan, organize and prioritize
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, email and/or internet applications
- Knowledge of Child Development and related current research and its application in children’s recreational programs
- Knowledge of community trends
- Knowledge of camp standards and evaluation tools
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Current and satisfactory Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment
- Commitment to Suzart’s Mission
- Suzart is a non-profit, charitable musical theatre company specializing in affordable entertainment for the whole family.
- Youth Focused
- Committed to assisting growth and development among children and youth in the theatre musical theatre world.
- Planning and Organizing
- Establishes and implements a plan to create a magical summer experience, founded in learning about the art of musical theatre.
- Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum effectiveness and fun
A little about us.
Suzart is a non-profit, charitable musical theatre company specializing in affordable entertainment for the whole family. This means that we strive for affordability for our audience by providing high value for the price of admission, but also high value for our members. We produce three to seven shows each year, focusing on engaging the whole family. We provide opportunities for both youth and adults to shine on and off-stage. This year’s season includes Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka Junior, Mamma Mia!, Fun Home, and Hairspray.
Interested? Let us know.
Please send us letter of intent and CV that highlights your experience to email@example.com. Please be sure to address your demonstrated experience and how it relates to the tasks of the position.
Deadline for applications: Friday, May 3, 2019 11:59pm EST. Due to timelines – no late applications will be accepted.
The successful candidate will be expected to be available to start work in May. The schedule for this camp position is the equivalent of 120 flexible hours of preparation for the months of May and June. For July and August, the Camp Director is required to be available for eight hours per day, five days a week, for eight weeks.